Hey friends! It’s starting to get cold out there and we can all use an extra blanket to bundle up with inside as well as a fun activity to do with your family and friends indoors. The fleece blanket fabric we used comes in many different prints and can be delivered right to your door. We also found that it is easier to help your loved ones by pre-cutting each blanket piece. This way you can spend time together knotting the pieces, which is easier and doesn’t require any sharp objects. When knotting, don’t worry about making all the knots perfectly symmetrical as you can fix them over time, and after washing the blanket, everything kind of sorts itself out.
- Two pieces of fleece of equal size, cut to your desired length (we suggest 2-3 yards)
- Sharp scissors
(We suggest prepping steps 1-3 to ensure the longevity of your blanket and for safety reasons)
- Place your pieces of fabric on top of each other with the top of each piece of fabric facing outward.
- Cut out a four-inch square from each corner.
- Next cut one-inch strips on each side of the blanket, all the way around the perimeter.
- Tie each strip of fabric together, using one of each piece of fabric to connect the two pieces of fleece together.
- Continue until you have run out of strips and your blanket is complete.
- Snuggle with your blanket!